BOSTON THEFT & PROPERTY CRIME DEFENSE ATTORNEYS
TYPES OF PROPERTY & THEFT CRIMES IN MASSACHUSETTS
Property crimes are some of the most common charges our clients face. Common does not mean insignificant, however. Arson, vandalism, and theft can result in misdemeanor or felony charges that carry serious, long-lasting penalties.
These crimes include:
- Arson or attempted arson, which carries a punishment of up to 20 years in prison
- Armed robbery, which can include force involving guns, knives, and other weapons
- Burglary, which is the act of unlawfully entering a dwelling with the intent to commit a felony and carries a punishment of up to 20 years in prison
- Grand theft, which is differentiated from other types of theft by the value of the property stolen and the type of property stolen
- Shoplifting, which carries a range of far-reaching penalties
- Knowingly receiving stolen property, which is a crime even if you had no involvement in the theft itself
- Vandalism and the malicious destruction of property, which can carry jail time and significant fines
EXPERIENCED LEGAL COUNSEL FROM DHAR LAW, LLP
At Dhar Law, LLP, our defense lawyers in Boston have decades of experience representing clients charged with all types of theft and property crimes. If you face charges involving a crime related to someone else’s belongings or property, or even if you have been questioned in a property crime matter, it is smart to retain our services as soon as possible.
We know the level of proof that prosecutors must present in these cases in order to gain a conviction. Our attorneys are often able to find weaknesses in the prosecution’s case and successfully defend against the charges. Our objective in every case is to minimize the impact a criminal charge will have on your life.
The important first step is to meet with one of our experienced theft & property defense attorneys in Boston to review the facts of your case. Call 617 880-6155 or use our online contact form to schedule a free consultation.