EXTORTION DEFENSE ATTORNEYS IN BOSTON
PROVIDING THE STRONG REPRESENTATION YOU NEED
If you are currently under investigation for blackmail or extortion or have already been charged, seeking legal defense as soon as possible is imperative. Whether you were charged by a federal agency or local police, they have already begun to gather evidence and build their case against you. The sooner you hire legal representation to build yours, the better. At Dhar Law, LLP, our experienced blackmail defense attorneys in Boston are here to help. Our firm has earned an Avvo Rating of 10.0 Superb and we are well-versed in criminal law, including offenses like blackmail and extortion.
Give us a call at 617 880-6155 to request a free consultation with our extortion attorneys in Boston.
UNDERSTANDING BLACKMAIL & EXTORTION CHARGES
Extortion and blackmail are similar crimes, both of which involve the use of some type of threat to coerce another person into any action they are not required to do. In recent years, this has been extended to apply to extortion carried out over the internet. Acts of both blackmail and coercion are severe offenses that state and federal agencies investigate and file charges for.
Threats that may lead to blackmail charges include:
- Falsely accusing someone of a crime
- Reporting another’s involvement in a crime
- Revealing private information that would cause financial harm
- Revealing private information that would cause personal embarrassment
- Extortion is a similar offense but, while blackmail focuses on threats regarding threatening information, extortion focuses on threatening physical harm or coercing a victim to provide drugs, pay money, perform sexual acts, and discharge debts. These crimes can carry serious, life-altering consequences, including time in prison.
CALL 617 880-6155 FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
After being arrested, it is imperative that you do not hesitate to speak with a Boston extortion attorney from our firm who will work to protect you against the harsh consequences of a conviction. We understand the nature of the charges you are facing and how best to defend against them using well-crafted defense strategies.
Reach out to us now at 617 880-6155 to make an appointment with our extortion defense lawyers in Boston.
Please note we can’t assist people who have been the victims blackmail or extortion, only defend those who have been accused of the crimes.