Boston & Metrowest Criminal Defense Attorney
Serving as Of Counsel to the Firm, Joe is a trial lawyer who represents clients in the areas of criminal defense, civil rights cases and catastrophic injury litigation. He has been recognized by Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Boston Magazine as a Rising Star and a Top 100 Defense Attorney by the National Trial Lawyers Organization, and has served as a panel member at statewide MCLE seminars.
Joe has tremendous white-collar investigative experience as a former Senior Global Investigator for a Fortune 500 company, where he oversaw internal investigations and worldwide corporate compliance programs. His areas of focus included high-value cybercrime, industrial espionage, and theft of trade secrets. One of his spotlight investigations was a multi-million dollar platinum theft for a Fortune 500 Company assisting the FBI and Irish Garda.
Before his legal career, Joe served in law enforcement for over two decades. As a detective, Joe excelled in investigating financial crimes, including bank fraud cases. One of his major investigations resulted in high-profile convictions in a multi-million dollar bank fraud scheme spanning across 15 states. Joe was trained by the Criminal Justice Training Council, FBI, and Massachusetts State Police in homicide investigations, narcotics investigations, and fingerprint recovery and analysis, and served as a certified sexual assault investigator. He attended numerous training classes in OUI enforcement techniques and field sobriety testing by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Joe was assigned to 3 regional drug task forces during his career working undercover for seven years and assisting in investigations with DEA, ATF, AGs and CPAC units.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
• 80% Criminal Defense
• 20% Civil Litigation
• 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
• Massachusetts, 2007
• U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 2008
• J.D., Massachusetts School of Law, Andover, Massachusetts
• B.S., M.S., Western New England College School of Law, Springfield, Massachusetts
• Major: Law Enforcement & Criminal Justice Administration
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
• National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
• Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
• Dhar Law, LLP, Senior Counsel, 2012- 2017
• Law Office of Joseph Hennessey, Attorney, 2007 – 2012
• Defilippis, Kaldis and Hennessey, PC, Partner, 2007 – 2009
• Town of Sherborn, Police Officer, 1992 – 2007
• City of Waltham, Police Officer, 1991 – 1992
• Town of Ashland, Police Officer, 1984 – 1991