- Firm Profile
- Our Practice
- Who We Are
- Contact Us
Wassem Amin is an Associate Attorney at Dhar Law, LLP, where he also heads the Firm’s Africa and Middle East Development initiative, maintaining the Firm’s current relationships and seeking out potential business partnerships on the continent. Wassem earned his Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, from New England Law | Boston, graduating in the top 1% of his class.
Wassem has leveraged a Juris Doctor and a Master’s in Business Administration into a career that spans almost nine years of professional business consulting throughout the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. As a business consultant, Wassem focused his efforts on procuring multi-million dollar contracts and investments for American clients in the Middle East and vice versa. Fluent in Arabic, Wassem’s extensive knowledge is built on first-hand experience of the financial, legal, and cultural nuances of the region.
Wassem has focused his Business Immigration Practice on the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Visa program and has advised countless foreign investors. Additionally, Wassem is knowledgeable with all aspects of EB-5 Regional Centers and has advised U.S. developers on raising capital through the program. His expertise in both corporate and immigration law allows him to navigate the complex requirements and nuances that are inherent in developing EB-5 Regional Centers.
In addition, Wassem’s intricate familiarity with Islamic Finance principles enables him to effectively structure and negotiate Shari’ah-compliant financing and complex investment transactions. That, coupled with an established history of successful deals in the United States and the Middle East, allows him to provide clients with a wealth of expertise and know-how in sourcing and structuring complex cross-border transactions and investments. He has written extensively about Islamic Finance and the Middle East.
At New England Law, Wassem was an Editor of the New England Law Review and received numerous awards and recognitions, including: the Trustee Academic Scholarship, awarded to the student with the highest cumulative GPA; the New England Scholar's Award two years in a row; the CALI Awards for highest course grades in Law and Ethics of Lawyering, Entrepreneurship, Corporate Finance, and Securities Regulation; as well as the Dean's List Award for all semesters.
As part of his pro bono initiatives, Wassem is working on establishing an international non-profit to aid in the reformation of his home country, Egypt. His efforts have been featured by his law school in an article, which can be read here.
Wassem is also the Editor of the Firm's Blog, which features the latest Firm news as well as legal updates in areas of law that comprise the Firm's core practice groups.Languages:
Work for clients:
- Successfully negotiated a cross-border multi-million dollar governmental contract between a United States-based multinational corporation and a Saudi Arabian public entity.
- Provided strategic advice as counsel for high net worth families and individuals investing in the United States through the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Program and Developers seeking to raise capital through an EB-5 Regional Center
- Assisted U.S.-based companies with Business Immigration applications for employees including H-1B, L-1A, and E visas.
- Advised emerging companies on structuring entities, formation, issues related to founder’s equity, taxation, securities laws compliance, and employment law matters.
- The EB-5 Immigrant Investor Visa: An Attorney and Service Provider’s Overview of Requirements for Eligibility and Implications under Different Areas of Law
- Doing Business in Saudi Arabia: Financing International Commercial Transactions
- Doing Business in Saudi Arabia: Establishing Commercial Agency and Distribution Agreements
- Regulation in the Islamic Financial Services Industry: A Comparative Study of Saudi Arabia and Malaysia
Professional memberships & activities:
- Vice Chairman of the Middle East Division of the American Bar Association (ABA)
- Vice Chairman of the Islamic Finance Committee of the International Financial Products and Services Committee of the American Bar Association (ABA)
- Vice Chairman, International Commercial Transactions, American Bar Association (ABA)
- Regent Board Member, Immigration & Naturalization Committee, American (ABA)