- Firm Profile
- Our Practice
- Who We Are
- Vikas S. Dhar
- Vilas S. Dhar
- Robert M. Griffin
- Erinna Brodsky
- Scott F. Sneddon
- Tracy L. Greene
- Laura P. Malouf
- Kevin R. Hayden
- Joseph F. Hennessey
- Wassem Amin
- Audrey C. Murillo
- Christopher M. Beares
- Michael N. Bozza
- Jacquelyn L. Redmond
- Jeffrey M. Poirier
- Priscilla O'Heir
- Danielle D'Ambrosio
- Elizabeth L. Hanrahan
- Jennifer M. O'Leary
- Muthena Alsahlani
- Brian N. Martinez
- Petra Tantcheva
- Brian Pasquale
- Contact Us
Vikas S. Dhar concentrates his practice in the areas of business law, white-collar criminal defense and government enforcement actions. He represents corporate and individual litigants in a wide range of complex cases in federal, state and administrative courts.
He has a substantial pro bono practice which includes serving on the Pro Se Mediation Advocates Panel in federal court and Senior Partners for Justice. Vikas has represented individuals seeking political asylum in U.S. Immigration Court and is currently an advisor to SOLA, an organization that prepares young Afghan women to pursue their studies in the United States.
Vikas previously served on the Board of Directors of the South Asian Bar Association and was an Articles Editor for the Massachusetts Bar Association Section Review. He is a current member of the Criminal Justice Section of the Boston Bar Association and the Washington University Alumni Admissions Program. As a trial and appellate advocate, he has been invited to participate at Massachusetts Conituning Legal Education Seminars has been twice selected by Boston Magazine and New England Super Lawyers Publications as a “Rising Star.”
▪ Obtained a dismissal of criminal charges for a 2009 Grammy Award nominee.
▪ Obtained a pre-arraignment dismissal of charges for a Harvard Medical School researcher.
▪ Successfully represented a USMC Officer, a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom, in a criminal matter.
▪ Represented a corporate executive in federal grand jury proceedings; no charges filed.
▪ Negotiated a pre-indictment resolution in USDC-EDNY following a federal task force investigation.
▪ Negotiated a pre-complaint resolution for a hospitality company in a federal civil enforcement action.
▪ Secured an acquittal for a computer analyst of a pharmaceutical company.
▪ Secured two acquittals and two dismissals in four separate cases as co-defense counsel for an employee of a sports equipment manufacturer.
▪ Represented a corporate executive in a federal criminal investigation and appellate matter.
▪ Represented a medical device supplier before the State Department.
▪ Testified as an expert witness in a Superior Court criminal matter.
▪ Served as an immigration and business advisor to a member of a royal family.
▪ Successfully drafted a Motion to Reopen before the U.S. Board of Immigration Appeals, the highest administrative body that interprets and applies federal immigration laws.
J.D., Southern Illinois University School of Law, Carbondale, Illinois
A.B., Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri