- Firm Profile
- Our Practice
- Who We Are
- Contact Us
Robert M. Griffin represents businesses and individuals in major criminal and civil litigation, with a focus on white-collar criminal defense and is experienced at conducting complex internal investigations. His nationwide practice has been recognized by Lawyers Weekly. He is a current member of the U.S. District Court’s Criminal Justice Act (CJA) Panel, admitted to practice before the First Circuit Court of Appeals and a member of the Committee for Public Counsel’s Murder List panel.
After 13 years as a prosecutor, he applies his considerable experience to advising clients in business negotiations, management practices, responding to government inquiries and investigation processes. A veteran trial attorney, Bob has tried over 1,000 bench trials and 200 jury trials.
Prior to private practice, Bob served as Chief of Superior Court Prosecutions of the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office, where he supervised 73 Superior Court Assistant District Attorneys and support staff, while maintaining a personal caseload of homicide and major felony prosecutions. He also served as Superior Court Trial Manager and worked with the Investigation Unit to ensure thorough and professional investigation and case enhancement, providing a direct link to the Boston Police Department. For three years, he managed a regular caseload of 60-70 major felony cases and was responsible for all phases of litigation. Bob also served as Deputy Chief District Court Prosecutor of the Boston Municipal Court, on-call legal counsel to homicide investigators for the Boston Primary Response Team Homicide Division, Assistant District Attorney for Roxbury District Court, Boston Municipal Court, Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office and as trial and administrative supervisor at Roxbury District Court.
Spotlight Defense Cases:
▪ Won jury acquittal for a young man charged with first-degree murder in Suffolk Superior Court; case involved a daytime shooting. After a two week trial, our client was acquitted by the jury of all charges in under one hour.
▪ Won jury acquittal for a young man in Brockton Superior Court charged with an armed home invasion and first-degree murder. After a five week trial, our client was acquitted of all charges after almost three days of jury deliberations.
▪ Defense of a client in the U.S. District Court charged in a multi-count RICO indictment.
▪ Prosecuted three individuals for a quadruple homicide in the 99 Restaurant in Charlestown, Massachusetts. Two of the three were convicted of first-degree murder, and the third defendant was convicted of firearms’ violations.
▪ Prosecuted five individuals for conspiracy to commit murder. The victim’s husband enlisted four individuals to murder his wife in a downtown Boston Parking garage, where the husband was to bring the victim under the auspices of attending a theater show. Two of the co-defendants waited in a stolen car and ran her down as she crossed over to summon the elevator. The case remained “cold” for seven years. All five defendants were convicted and sentenced to lengthy prison terms.
▪ Prosecuted a well-known Boston organized crime figure for first-degree murder in Suffolk Superior Court. The defendant was ultimately acquitted at trial, but was subsequently sentenced to a lengthy federal prison sentence.
▪ Prosecuted two individuals for the attempted murder of a known organized crime figure and the murder of another local man. Both defendants were convicted after a three week trial.
▪ Prosecuted a Boston man for deriving lifetime support from the prostitution of minors. The case brought the defendant to the attention of federal prosecutors, who later successfully prosecuted him. Sentenced to 15 years in federal prison.