Dedicated Counselors Helping Faculty and Students
Every university is different in the way they handle disciplinary proceedings, but your criminal case should be your first concern. We will give you a no-nonsense, straight-forward approach to your case. The attorneys in our firm come from diverse backgrounds, so we understand your need for discretion if there are sensitive cultural and family issues.
Experience at Local and National Institutions
We have counseled faculty and students through the university judicial administrative process at Harvard University, Yale University, Boston University, Boston College, University of Massachusetts, Northeastern, Merrimack, Simmons, NYU, University of Michigan, Brown University and others.
Our previous representations include figureheads, faculty and professional appointees at Harvard Medical School, Harvard MIT, Boston University, Tufts University, Simmons College, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Wyss Institute, MIT's Lincoln Labs, various Boston-area hospitals and the European Finance Association. See below a few examples of our depth in university disciplinary matters and access our full listing of cases to learn more.
▪ Defense of a Boston University professor and Director of the European Finance Association in misdemeanor complaint. We persuaded the court to order pre-trial probation and case dismissal.
▪ Represented a Harvard Medical School nephrology instructor (M.D., Ph.D) seeking post-conviction relief.
▪ Defense of an MIT professor in a misdemeanor complaint. We won a dismissal prior to trial.
▪ Defense of a Harvard University professor in a felony complaint. We won a dismissal prior to trial.
▪ Negotiated a dismissal of an Application for Criminal Complaint for a Dana Farber Cancer Institute researcher. Successfully demonstrated our client's innocence at a show cause hearing, no issuance of the complaint.
▪ Defense of a staff member at Tufts University School of Medicine and Cambridge Health Alliance community hospital. Favorable pre-trial disposition.
▪ Representation of a Suffolk University graduate student following a DEA investigation. We secured the return of all seized currency.
▪ Defense of a Boston University undergraduate student charged in a felony complaint. We won a 276A motion and pre-arraignment dismissal.
▪ Defense of a Boston University undergraduate student charged in a felony complaint. Avoided suspension during university disciplinary proceedings, secured unsupervised probation in the criminal case.