- Law Firm's Next Mile Aids Nonprofits and Social Change, Journal of the American Bar Association
- Not an Oxymoron: A Socially Conscious Law Firm, Forbes
- Boston Nonprofit Hub Sparks Collaboration, Humanosphere.com
- The Next Mile Project, Boston Business Journal
- Law Firm Launches Incubator to Bring Nonprofits to the Next Mile, Boston Business Journal
- Next Mile Project Aims to Reinvent the Way Boston Nonprofits Operate, India New England
- Attorney Aids Developing Countries, Washington University Magazine
- Dhar Law Finds Pulse By Having Heart, India New England
- Massachusetts Attorney Watches Clients' Interests, IndUS Business Journal
- The Department of Homeland Security Initiative, MBA Section Review, Vol. 7, No. 1
- Vilas Dhar Named a Rising Star by The National Law Journal
September 9, 2014
The National Law Journal has named Dhar Law, LLP Partner, Vilas Dhar, to its 2014 Boston Rising Stars. The list honors 40 outstanding lawyers age of 40 or under who "have accomplished big feats in their short legal careers" and "also are improving their communities by volunteering their sharp legal skills to a variety of nonprofit organizations."
Vilas Dhar is a co-founder and partner at Dhar Law, LLP. Vilas represents clients in a wide variety of strategic matters involving the allocation of private capital to create significant financial and social returns. Vilas has advised private and publicly-traded companies on ongoing matters, exit events such as mergers and acquisitions, and has extensive expertise representing both venture and private equity firms and the companies they invest in - as well as family offices, foundations, and private philanthropists.
Vilas has served as an Entrepreneur-in-Residence at the University of Illinois, served on the faculty of New England School of Law, and presented at the White House, the United Nations, and in front of academic and private sector audiences in 7 countries. He holds degrees in Computer Science and Biological Engineering from the University of Illinois and a Juris Doctorate from the New York University School of Law, all with honors. He believes a social conscience is integral to success, and is the founder of the Next Mile Project (nextmileproject.org), a platform to identify, support, and magnify the impact of global changemakers.
Vilas was profiled in The National Law Journal on August 25, 2014.
- ABA Journal: Law firm's Next Mile aids nonprofits and social change
September 9, 2014
The ABA Journal featured Dhar Law and the Next Mile Project in their March 2014 issue. Explore the philosophy behind the socially conscious law firm that launched the nonprofit incubator in the article.
Going the Distance – Law firm's Next Mile aids nonprofits and social change.
- Dhar Law, LLP Adds New Talent to Litigation & Real Estate Practice Groups
April 4, 2013
Dhar Law, LLP announced today the addition of two new attorneys joining the Firm - Erinna D. Brodsky and Danielle D'Ambrosio. Erinna D. Brodsky is joining the firm's Litigation Practice Group as Of Counsel. Danielle D'Ambrosio is joining the Firm as an Associate in the Real Estate Practice Group.
- Dhar Law, LLP Obtains Dismissal for University Students in Parallel Felony Cases
March 3, 2013
Dhar Law, LLP continues to demonstrate the depth of its criminal defense practice group in yet another successful disposition in two parallel state criminal matters.
- Dhar Law, LLP Wins Political Asylum in Federal Administrative Court
March 3, 2013
Dhar Law, LLP prevailed this week in seeking political asylum for a Colombian national targeted by the Revolutionary Armed Forces (FARC), a paramilitary guerilla organization that the Colombian government has unable to control since 1964.