Property crimes include some of the most common charges our clients face. Common does not mean insignificant, however. Arson, vandalism and theft can result in misdemeanor or felony charges that carry stiff penalties.
At Dhar Law, LLP, in Charlestown, we have years of experience representing clients charged with all types of property crimes. If you face charges involving a crime against someone else's property, or even if you have been questioned in a property crime matter, it is smart to enlist our services as soon as possible. These crimes include:
- Arson or attempted arson carries a punishment of up to 20 years in prison.
- Armed robbery can include force involving sticks, stones and automobiles.
- Burglary, which is the act of unlawfully entering a dwelling with the intent to commit a felony, also carries a punishment of up to 20 years in prison.
- Grand theft is differentiated from other theft by the value of the property stolen or the type of property that is stolen.
- Shoplifting has a range of penalties, all of which can pose serious consequences on your life.
- Receiving stolen property is a crime even if you had no involvement in the theft.
- Vandalism and the malicious destruction of property can carry jail time and significant fines.
Trusted Legal Counsel When You Need It
We know the level of proof prosecutors must present in these cases in order to gain conviction. We often are able to find weaknesses in the prosecution's case and successfully defend against the charges. Our objective in every case is to minimize the impact a criminal charge will have on your life.
The important first step is to meet with one of our experienced criminal defense attorneys to review the facts of your case. Call 617-391-0592 or use our online contact form to schedule a consultation.