The most important research you can do is to see if we've handled a case like yours before. Here are a few sample cases you can check out. If you have any questions, give us a call and we'd be happy to speak with you. While we are pleased with our courtroom victories and successful business negotiations, there have been numerous success stories that aren't listed here. We totally embrace the concept of avoiding publicity and keeping things discreet. Our main focus is making sure you are comfortable as possible.
White-Collar Criminal Defense
- Defense of a Canadian national in extradition proceedings in connection with an indictment for concealment of assets and making false statements in a U.S. bankruptcy fraud case in the District of Massachusetts. Case pending.
- Defense of an executive in civil and criminal proceedings following an investigation by the Commodity Futures Trading Commission and Department of Justice into multimillion dollar fraud in connection off-exchange trading in forex contracts. Initially commenced in the District of California, the case was transferred to Massachusetts. Successfully argued for multiple sentencing variances.
- Defense of a Fortune 100 company engineer who was indicted for corporate espionage, wire fraud and theft of trade secrets valued at $200 million following an FBI investigation. We served as counsel to advise on the selection an expert witness in the field of integrated circuit design.
- Defense of a commercial airline pilot and station chief charged with corporate malfeasance and embezzlement of corporate credit accounts. Won a non-contingent dismissal immediately prior to jury trial.
- Defense of a Fortune 500 executive in a criminal forfeiture action by the U.S. Attorney's Office. Negotiated a bifurcated/staggered surrender, and subsequently recovered the full monetary value of all assets.
- Representation of a medical device company owner before the Department of State involving a fraud investigation by the Office of the Inspector General for the Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Justice.
- Representation of an accountant for a New England facilities management company in federal grand jury proceedings following a three-year civil tax investigation by the IRS. Our client was not indicted.
- Representation of a Rhode Island business owner in federal grand jury proceedings following an investigation by the Diplomatic Security Service and Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Our client was not indicted.
- Representation of a broker in federal grand jury proceedings following a mortgage fraud scheme and money laundering investigation by the Department of Justice. Our client was not indicted.
- Representation of a Tufts University medical student before the Department of Homeland Security following a fraud investigation led by the Office of the Inspector General for the Department of Health and Human Services and the Department of Justice.
Compliance, Internal Investigations & Advisory Services
- Advised a Department of Defense researcher in a security clearance investigation. Clearance granted.
- Advised a civilian contractor in connection with an investigation by the Office of the Inspector General for NASA into allegations of contract fraud and unauthorized dissemination of classified information. Our client was not charged.
- Conducted an internal investigation into management and hiring practices for a New England hospitality services company following an EEOC investigation. We negotiated a non-contingent dismissal for our client.
- Conducted an internal audit for an excavation and site development company following an investigation by the Massachusetts Attorney General's Fair Labor Division. We negotiated a resolution before a complaint was filed.
- Advised a regional construction company following an investigation by the Massachusetts Executive Office for Labor and Workforce Development.
- Advised a police sergeant in civil rights violations claims against town manager and police department supervisor.
- Advised a Chief of Police in state employment negotiations, securing a favorable release from his position.
- Secured a resolution of criminal charges and then successfully advised a health care professional in his initial application for licensure before the Massachusetts Board of Registration.
- Secured a resolution of a civil action and then successfully advised a civil engineer in his application for re-licensure before the Massachusetts Board of Registration.
- Led a business advisory group to meet with the Governor of Vermont on expansion of foreign investments in EB-5 projects.
- Negotiated a dismissal of an Application for Criminal Complaint for an NFL player's family member. Successfully demonstrated our client's innocence at a show cause hearing, no issuance of the complaint.
- Negotiated a pre-trial dismissal of charges for a Grammy Award nominee's group member.
- Defense of a university student in New York federal court (EDNY) following a joint interstate investigation by ICE and the Brooklyn District Attorney's Office.
- Defended an assembly line technician in four separate felony cases. Won motion for consolidation of all cases; won two jury acquittals and two dismissals.
- Defended a Canadian airline station chief at Boston's Logan International Airport in a felony complaint. Won a jury acquittal.
- Defended a biotech analyst in a South Shore bomb threat case. Won a bench acquittal.
- Defended a software engineer in a felony complaint. Won a bench acquittal.
- Defended a Washington, D.C. taxi driver following a MassPort/State Police investigation for making bomb threats at Boston's Logan International Airport. We persuaded the court to order pre-trial probation and eventual case dismissal.
- Represented a Marine Corps intelligence analyst and veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom in a misdemeanor complaint. Favorable pre-trial disposition.
- Secured immunity and a 'decline to prosecute' recommendation for a witness in a Suffolk County homicide investigation.
Licensed Professionals, University Faculty & Students
- Defense of a financial advisor following investigation into improper transfers from dynasty trusts. Secured dismissal of criminal complaint, precluding any discipline by the licensing agency.
- Defense of a Director of the European Finance Association in misdemeanor complaint. We persuaded the court to order pre-trial probation and case dismissal.
- Represented a Harvard Medical School nephrology instructor (M.D., Ph.D) seeking post-conviction relief.
- Defense of an MIT professor in a misdemeanor complaint. We won a dismissal prior to trial.
- Defense of a Harvard University professor in a felony complaint. We won a dismissal prior to trial.
- Represented a Boston physician in a financial fraud investigation. All claims dismissed.
- Represented a Boston radiologist in a hospital certification investigation. Certification granted.
- Negotiated a dismissal of an Application for Criminal Complaint for a Dana Farber Cancer Institute researcher. Successfully demonstrated our client's innocence at a show cause hearing, no issuance of the complaint.
- Defense of a staff member at Tufts University School of Medicine and Cambridge Health Alliance community hospital. Favorable pre-trial disposition.
- Represented a CNA on charges of misconduct before the Massachusetts Disabled Persons Protection Commission.
- Representation of a Suffolk University graduate student following a DEA investigation. We secured the return of all seized currency.
- Defense of a Boston University undergraduate student charged in a felony complaint. We won a 276A motion and pre-arraignment dismissal.
- Defense of a Boston University undergraduate student charged in a felony complaint. Avoided suspension during university disciplinary proceedings, secured unsupervised probation in the criminal case.
- Defense of a security systems analyst in a Federal narco-trafficking and conspiracy case following an inter-agency task force investigation. No committed time.
- Defense of a nightclub owner indicted for distribution and conspiracy charges in Norfolk Superior Court. No committed time.
- Defense of a Northeastern University undergraduate student in a school zone case involving a minimum mandatory sentence. We secured pre-trial probation.
- Defense of a Boston College undergraduate student charged with narcotics possession. We won a pre-trial dismissal.
- Defense of a UMass-Amherst undergraduate student charged with multiple narcotics-related felonies. We won a 276A motion and pre-arraignment dismissal.
- Defense of a Haverhill man indicted for first-degree homicide, multiple weapons charges and narcotics distribution charges in Middlesex Superior Court.
- Defense of a Fall River man for felony distribution charges. We won a Motion to Suppress and won a Motion for Return of Seized Currency and Property. Case dismissed.
- Successfully advocated before the Department of State Consular Affairs Section to grant a waiver of grounds of inadmissibility and re-entry after deportation for a Brazilian national. Obtained the support of a U.S. Senator and U.S. Congressman during the waiver process.
- Won a political asylum appeal for an Ethiopian national before the Board of Immigration Appeals. Secured the support of a former Attorney General of Ethiopia as an expert witness.
- Served as an immigration and business advisor to a member of a royal family.
- Served as an immigration expert witness in a Massachusetts Superior Court criminal jury trial.
- Won pro bono asylum cases before the U.S. Immigration Court for nationals of Haiti, Nepal and Gambia.