Rosalinda C. Refsland
One of our super-smart junior associates, Rosalinda has amazing persuasive skills and is fantastic with complex discovery issues. We'd tell you not be fooled by her overwhelming charm, but it will anyway. Just don't underestimate her toughness - she's previously worked in the Homicide Unit in the Suffolk District Attorney's office and held her own alongside seasoned prosecutors and detectives. She also handled cases at the U.S. Attorney's office in Boston in the Organized Crime Unit under veteran Assistant U.S. Attorneys, FBI agents and ATF agents.
Did we mention she's smart as a tack? She was hand-picked to intern for Justice Cynthia Cohen of the Massachusetts Appeals Court. Always dedicated to seeking justice for her clients, she also worked at the Innocence Project in New Orleans and completed a Northeastern University public interest fellowship in immigration law. Currently, she also serves as a member of the Suffolk Lawyers for Justice, a nonprofit committed to providing criminal defense services to indigent people in Suffolk County.
Rosalinda brings a cool fashion sensibility to the firm, and her combination of grace and love of indie rock makes some people wonder if this is an art studio, not a law firm. Could she have the best smile around? We'll leave that to you.
Areas of Practice
- 50% Immigration
- 50% Criminal Defense
- 85% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Massachusetts, 2012
- Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 2011
- College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, Massachusetts
- B.A. - 2004
- Major: Anthropology & Sociology
Honors and Awards
- Northeastern Public Interest Fellowship - Immigration law and political asylum based cases, 2011 - 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Boston Bar Association, Member, 2012 - 2016
Past Employment Positions
- Suffolk Lawyers for Justice, Bar Advocate / Attorney, 2014 - 2016
- The Law Offices of Gerard J. Walsh, Attorney, 2012 - 2013