Robert M. Griffin
Bob is one serious guy. He is the legal guru in the office that many attorneys (and staff) turn to for sage advice, leadership and life reflection. Recognized perennially as one of Massachusetts' top attorneys, Bob handles this accolade with a degree of humility and responsibility. With over 25 years of trial experience, he has tried 200 jury trials and over 1000 bench trials during his stellar prosecutorial and defense careers.
As a former Chief Trial Counsel in the Suffolk District Attorney's Office, Bob successfully prosecuted homicides, weapons dealers, narcotics traffickers, members of New England organized crime and successfully revived many “cold cases”, including a murder-for-hire scheme carried out by a prominent Boston real estate developer. After he won across-the-board convictions against the perpetrators of the infamous daytime quadruple homicide at the 99 Restaurant in Charlestown, Massachusetts, his reputation as a legend was solidified.
A respected negotiator and commanding courtroom presence, Bob runs some of our bigger litigation matters. He represents companies and professionals in major criminal and civil cases, with a focus on white-collar criminal defense, compliance & management practices and government agency investigations. His nationwide practice has been recognized by Lawyers Weekly and he is on the Federal Criminal Justice Act (CJA) Panel and the Committee for Public Counsel's Homicide List Panel, both comprised of exclusively 125 attorneys out of the 52,000 attorneys in Massachusetts.
When Bob speaks, it's with purpose. Once you listen to him, you'll realize you're in excellent hands.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Civil Litigation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Massachusetts, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 2002
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1989
- University of Massachusetts, Boston, Massachusetts
- B.A. - 1985
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Economics and Political Science
- Estate of victim in wrongful death
- Victim of Civil rights violation by the Ma. DOC
- Victim of sexual abuse by employees of the Ma. DOC
- Individuals charged in state and federal Courts
- Guest Instructor, Boston Police Academy, 1996 - 1999
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Mass Bar Association, Member, 1992 - 2016
- Mass Association Criminal Defense Attorneys, Member, 2005 - 2016
Past Employment Positions
- Suffolk County District Attorney, Chief Superior Court Prosecutions, 1989 - 2002
- Massachusetts Dept. of Correction, Corrections Officer, 1980 - 1989