Monisha is a contract attorney at Dhar Law, LLP, and brings a passion for improving our criminal justice system through community-based initiatives, including voter drives and participation in police misconduct seminars. During law school at Suffolk University, Monisha was awarded the jurisprudence award in professional responsibility, leading by example with her commitment to attorney ethics.
Monisha has a background in business and real estate, having worked in the industry while earning her undergraduate degree in business from Boston University School of Management. While at Suffolk University Law School, she gained general practice and extensive civil litigation experience with a small firm downtown, where she excelled in complex discovery cases.
In recent months, she has gained experience in employment discrimination and civil rights litigation, as well as criminal defense. Monisha looks forward to continuing her involvement with civil rights issues and helping individuals navigate the legal system with minimal disruption to their daily lives, practicing with compassion and professionalism.
Areas of Practice
- 50% Criminal Defense
- 50% Civil Rights Litigation
- 50% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Massachusetts, 2014
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 2015
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts
- Major: Business
- The Online Sales Tax Problem, Rappaport Briefing, Spring, 2013
Honors and Awards
- Jurisprudence Award, Professional Responsibility, 2013